STEM Charity Team Building
We make your STEM Charity Team Building special. We work hard to find local STEM students who are truly inspired by science, math, and technology – from the most challenging neighborhoods – to join your teams and compete alongside your employees.
Students and your employees will naturally engage together on something where they speak the same language – building something really cool and having fun! Often the students are better at using the robot and play a key role in being the winning team!
Read about a recent STEM Charity Event at VMware
Build and Battle Robots with local STEM Students!
STEM Charity Team Building takes our popular Robot Battles event and adds local STEM students. Students attend your meeting and work with your teams of employees to build a robot faster than each other, and to battle each other in robot combat.
Companies donate to the local STEM club or school organization to help them purchase much needed robot parts, supplies, and tools. In return, the students travel to your meeting and participate in the event with you.
Similar to the popular television show “BattleBots,” Battle Robots Team Building allows teams to build a functioning robot together and then battle each other in robot combat!
Battle Robots Team Building is ideal at about 2 hours, or book a 1 hour “Battle-Only” event for a quick fix of robot combat. See our blog for a history of robot events and the World Record.
Build a Robot as a Team – Compete to Win!
Robot Team Building is the perfect test of real world team building skills. Each of the four component robot parts:
- Drive Train
- Attack Arm
must be built correctly by team members working together, then each part must fit and work in combination with the other parts, for the entire robot to work. Successful teams use communication, teamwork and leadership to out perform the other teams.
Compete for a World Record!
Your teams can compete for the World Record Robot Build Time kept on our blog and, more importantly, they can compete to beat each other!
After building the battle robot, each team gets to test their craftsmanship and battle skills as they go head-to-head against the other robots. Most programs include 2 to 3 battle formats including:
- All-Bot Melee! – All bots in the arena at the same time!
- Lone Survivor – Last Bot Standing
- Free for All – No rules just fun
Robots smash into each other and try to flip each other over or pop their balloons. Powerful motors, aircraft grade aluminium, titanium gears, sharp metal attack arm, and good driving leads to lots of action, battles, and, most importantly, fun!
- Google – “The Battle Bot event was a smashing success with our team!”
- Facebook: “A very engaging and exciting team event!”
- Intel: “I have never seen that group of people so happy before. It was awesome!”
- Bosch: “The BEST event our German group has done here or in Europe!”
- DreamWorks: “Robotics team building was ridiculously entertaining, challenging, & engaging!”
- Sony: “Lots of fun, stimulating and challenged our team members!”
- Pfizer: “Thanks TeamWorx! Everyone loved the Robot event!”
- Genentech: “Everyone is still talking about how fun the robots were..It was a hit!
And dozens of other Global Fortune 500 and trending start-ups have competed for the world record build time!
Why Choose Robot Battles 1 over Robot Battles 2
- Easier robot build
- Quicker average build times (45 minutes versus 1 hour)
- Smaller team sizes (5 to 7 versus 8 to 10 people)